Saturday, May 28, 2011

Graduation....kinda

When Big E told me that I would be going to a graduation in Germany, I was thinking it would be like a college graduation or even a high school graduation.

I was wrong.

Apparently in Germany, if you're a junior in high school you graduate from some church thing. It's kind of like some communion thing in America. I don't know, I don't go to church so someone can fill me in on that one.

Anyway, I went to the graduation. The thing was ridiculous. They sang religious songs and did that type of thing. Now I'm not against people believing in a "higher calling" or anything, but this was over the edge. You had people dancing to this type of stuff. I definitely couldn't do it. The priest would change his clothes multiple times throughout the ceremony. At one point, the priest was wearing a rainbow scarf (isn't that type of stuff against the Bible?) The last song that they sang was said to be from America. I know I don't go to church or anything, but the song they sang was not from the United States. I'm positive of that. The song was stupid. There is no way something of that level of stupidity could come from America. Ellen after the "show" said she was really upset with the whole thing. She had to go through the same thing when she was in school here and said "It was completely different than what I had to do."

After the graduation, we went to one of my cousin's houses. At first I felt kind of awkward because everyone was just staring at me like I was a moron. Which was true. I was just standing there with my mother and listening to her talk in German.

Then all of a sudden, my uncle (who is a badass by the way) gave me a beer....

Four beers, nine glasses of wine, and one shot of Schnaps later....I was ready to go.

No one could understand a word that was coming from my mouth, not because I was drunk, but because I was only speaking American. My mom, bless her heart, tried to translate but it was no use. My 2nd cousin (not Ben), who is actually my age, can speak American so she got most of everything I was saying. Somehow, though, I was able to bond with the rest of the family. I got talking with Sabrina (the cousin that is my age) and I guess we're going to the bars on Wednesday, which I'm pumped about.

Overall, it was a decent day/night. I'm only going to see these people maybe 3 or 4 more times in my life so I might as well raise hell with them. I ended up doing another shot with two of my cousins and some older lady (My guess is that she was around 75 years old. I found out I have a billion cousins over here so I'm not even going to confuse you with their names).

I have a few pictures from the church and other things but I'm not gonna post them right now. I'm too tired to. So deal with it. I'll keep ya waiting another day or so.

Tomorrow I meet up with my brother and next week I go to a shit-ton of different places. I'll have a few pics of my cousins and places I've been.

No comments:

Post a Comment