Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hangin' with my cousin, American Sports Bar and working out

A few days ago, I was finally able to break away from the evil grasp that Big-E and BK have on me and I went out with one of my cousins to a "festival' as they call it. It was pretty sick. They had live bands there and a ton of beer (first song I heard when I was there was a cover of Thunderstruck , so I knew it was gonna be good). I even saw a 10 year old kid smokin' a cig and drinkin' a Becks. Not that I'm judging, but he's probably more of a man than I am.

Anyway, it was a great experience. I met a few of Sabrina's (the cousin) friends and they were pretty cool. I was surprised because a couple of them spoke english and were really good at it! The cops are actually really weird here. The group I was with were all of legal age here and they kept asking us if we were drinking because they were gonna kick us out. However, 50 feet away from us there was that 10 year old drinking and smoking a cig and the cops didn't bother him at all.

Profiling.

Sabrina's friends came up with the idea of going to the "American Sports Bar" that was right around the corner, so naturally, I followed.

The first thing I saw when I walked in was a Buffalo Bills' flag (Authors side note: the Buffalo Bills rock!), a Michael Jordan poster and a picture of Magic Johnson doing his famous hook-shot (which also rocked because it was against the Boston Celtics).

One of Sabrina's friends said I had to drink a Corona with him because it was his favorite "American beer" (Author's opinion on beer: it's not American and I cringed because Budweiser was on the menu, but he didn't want it), so I agreed. I mean, he said he was buying, why wouldn't I?

So I finished that and we decided to leave. The place was legit. They had huge TVs and had posters of sports teams from every major sport.

Different story.

I worked out today. That was a trip in itself. I went with another cousin to the gym, which I didn't mind. If I don't do some sort of exercise, my heart will probably explode. When we first walked through the door, we weren't even in the gym. We had to go through some gate to let us in. When we tried to open the gate, it was locked. I had to crawl underneath the gate.

Awesome. I knew this was gonna be an experience.

I walked in and I looked around. I'm not even gonna joke around with this one, it literally looked like I was in an episode of Miami-Vice. The equipment was painted pink and there were two guys in there with a ton of gel in their hair (Jersey Shore in Germany?). I walked into the "locker room" and they had a fountain in it. Not a drinking fountain. A fountain. There were neon lights strapped to it and there was a ton of bubbles. I have no idea why that would be in a gym. But it was.

So I got started. I worked out my shoulders, while my cousin did...abs? I'm not really sure what he did. I think he just stared at me and judged me. Whatever. I did my workout and I was happy.

After all of that I went on the Rhine again. This time, I was on a boat. That was pretty cool. Pictures should be up some-what soonish. We went out to dinner after the boat ride. I'm not gonna lie, everyone was ridiculous. I was just drinkin' wine and having a good time with my family, something I'm not really used to.

But this was just sort of a mini-blog that Sabrina told me to put up. I'm sorry I don't have a crazy story to put up, but, I'm having a great time in Germany and I'm starting to learn a little bit of the language!

Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment